The “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers” National Research University (“TIIAME” NRU) seeks to recruit a Vice-Rector for Transformation and Strategic Development.
The position is tenable at the "Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers" National Research University, (Tashkent, Uzbekistan) and opened according to Resolution #42 (dated Dec.10,2021) of the President of Uzbekistan.
Summary of the Position. The responsibilities of the Vice-Rector for Transformation and Strategic Development include:
- develop and lead the implementation of the work plan for the transformation of the university from a traditional to a world-class research university;
-participate in the development and implementation of the strategic development plan of the university;
- organization of work on the internationalization of education and research programs and resources of the university;
- actively participate in the activities of the university in developing proposals for international grants, IT startup projects, and attracting investments;
- development and organization of the Digital University platform as a basis for digitalization of the management system, organization of educational and research processes, activities of resource and information centers, and document management at the university;
- the systematic study of advanced methods of organizing the activities of higher educational institutions in the world and using outcomes in own activities;
-organization of advisory services and assistance to educational organizations operating at the university in the implementation of the organization of academic and research work and internationalization of programs;
-active participation with the university management in implementing managerial, educational, and research works in specialized higher education, agriculture and water management, environmental and earth sciences, engineering, and sustainable socio-economic development.
- Academic degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Candidate of Sciences or DSc in the relevant field, earned from the university included in the TOP 300 according to the rating of international agencies: QS, Times Higher Education, Academic Ranking;
- Published papers in scientific journals included in the Scopus and Web of Science database (Q1, Q2) and H index of at least 5;
- Relevant experience in university management accumulated in leading foreign higher education institutions;
- Good knowledge of quality assurance of higher water-environmental and agricultural education and scientific research;
- Willingness to work in new conditions
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and integrated teams
- Ability to develop and manage projects in the field of higher education, research, transfer of developments, and development
- Understanding of the key priority areas of the "TIIAME" NRU
- Completed Ph.D. or Candidate of Sciences degree in a relevant field
Languages. Fluency in oral and written English. Competency in Russian is an advantage, as is knowledge of Uzbek.
How to Apply:
Send a covering letter, an up-to-date CV containing two referees' names and contact information, and a written sample of your work. Send the documents to by 28 January 2022. Please send your applications with the following subject header of the email: "TIIAME" NRU Vice-Rector Position."
The “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers” National Research University (“TIIAME” NRU) is a first-class regionally recognized academic and research university known for its top programs in engineering (irrigation, water resources, environment, electrification and automation, agricultural mechanization), land management and agricultural economics/management & marketing with an almost 100-year tradition. “TIIAME” NRU’s mission is to develop the potential of agriculture and water management, strengthening the image of Central Asian science and education in the global market of educational services, research, and innovations.
For more information about the “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers” National Research University visit: https://tiiame.uz
We are glad to announce a call for foreign researchers, professors/associate professors/young fellows to join our "TIIAME" NRU team for the 2022-2023 academic year. Most newly minted PhDs are hired as assistant professors, promoted to associate professors upon achieving tenure, and go through an additional review, five to seven years later, for promotion to full professor. An experienced assistant professor who comes from another university or a Ph.D. with significant, relevant, academic experience may be hired as an associate professor generally with tenure review to follow within a year or two.
Whom we are looking for:
- a good academic record with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, preferably from TOP1000 universities;
- fluent in English (knowing Russian/Uzbek is welcomed but not required);
- excellent research, teaching, and presentation skills;
- two years of teaching experience in a University/College;
- willingness to engage with a range of professionals and students;
- open-minded and self-disciplined.
The "Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers" National Research University is a first-class, regionally recognized academic and research institute known for its top programs in engineering (irrigation, water resources, environment, electrification & automation, agricultural mechanization, land management, and agricultural economics/management & marketing). The "TIIAME" NRU has a unique environment for internationalization. TIIAME already hosts tens of highly skilled professors/associate professors from Korea (South Korea), Hungary, Russia, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, and many more.