Secretary of University Council:
Yulchiev Davronbek Gulamovich
Regulation Council of “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers”
National Research University
This regulation is based on the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Education”, the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated October 8, 2019 “On approval of the Concept for the development of Higher Education System of the Republic of Uzbekistan till 2030". In accordance with Decision N.
PD-42 “On measures to radically improve the system of training engineering personnel for economic sectors based on innovation and digitalization” and the Regulations about Governing Council for coordinating the activities of “Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers” National Research University determines the procedure for organizing the activities of the University Council.
I. General provisions
1. To consider the main issues of activities "Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers" National Research University (hereinafter - University), a University Council (hereinafter - the Council) is created under the chairmanship of the rector.
2. In its activities, the Council complies with the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, resolutions and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions and orders of the board of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, decisions of Governing Council, the Charter of the University and these Regulations , as well as other laws.
3. The Council carries out its work on the basis of the principles of legality, transparency, independence, free discussion of issues, harmony of collegiality and individualism, taking into account public opinion in accordance with current legislation.
4. The Council includes rectors, vice-rectors, deans of faculties, heads of departments, structural divisions, heads of centers and departments, as well as rectors (directors) of educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the university, heads of public organizations, representatives of university students. The number of members elected to the Council among professors and teachers, is determined by order of the rector. The Council may also include prominent scientists and specialists working at university in certain areas. The validity period of the Council is 5 years.
5. The composition of the Council is approved by order of the rector. At the beginning of each academic year, new members are elected and added to the list of members to replace those who leave the Council for different reasons.
II. Goals and Objectives of the Council
6. The purpose of the council is to ensure the implementation of the tasks defined by the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Education”, based on the efforts, intellectual potential and all other capabilities of the university staff, providing excellent knowledge and skills, hydropower, irrigation, land reclamation at the level of requirements of the state educational standard of higher education, that consists of training professional specialists in the field of innovative equipment and technologies in agriculture, water-saving irrigation technologies, renewable energy sources, geodesy, geoinformatics, ecology and environmental protection.
7. The Council:
approves qualification requirements, curricula and training programs based on professional standards, and also determines the form of training, taking into account the language of instruction and the characteristics of educational areas and specialties;
analyzes the progress of implementation of resolutions and decrees of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers, orders and resolutions of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialiazed Education, the state of work with requests from individuals and legal entities, subjects and implementation of Council decisions at university and makes appropriate decisions;
discusses the implementation of the tasks set in the target program approved by Decision N. PD-42 of December 10, 2021 “On measures to radically improve the system of training engineering personnel for economic sectors based on innovation and digitalization;
The Anti-Corruption Office at university analyzes the results of the work carried out by the Compliance Control system management department in the field of anti-corruption, coordinates its activities and makes appropriate decisions;
accepts reports from faculties on educational, spiritual, pedagogical and scientific research, on the results of the admissions committee, as well as on the need for graduates in economics of the marketing service, on cooperation with customer organizations, and reviews and approves long-term plans and makes appropriate decisions;
accepts reports on activities of HEIS under university such as Karshi Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Technologies, Bukhara Institute of Natural Resources Management, Institute of Fundamental and Applied Research, Pakhtaabad Agricultural College, Kumkurgan Agricultural College, Beshkent Agrotechnical College, Academic "Inter-House Tashkent" Lyceum, academic lyceum under Karshi Irrigation and Agrotechnological Institute and school specialized on exact sciences and approves the action plan for the development of their activities in the future and makes appropriate decisions;
accepts reports from vice-rectors on the completed work, discusses and approves their long-term plans and makes appropriate decisions; discusses issues related to the implementation of plans for research, spiritual and educational work, advanced training and retraining of teaching staff and makes appropriate decisions;
In accordance with the Regulations “On the procedure for admitting teachers to Higher Education Institutions on a competitive basis,” competitions will be held for the positions of professors and teachers;
develops criteria for evaluating the activities of the teaching staff and makes appropriate decisions after discussing the results;
reviews documents of applicants for the academic titles of professor, associate professor, senior researcher and recommends the awarding of academic titles in the prescribed manner;
discusses the provision of the educational process with educational resources, the preparation and publication of new generation textbooks, teaching aids and monographs, as well as educational and methodological collections based on the use of innovative educational technologies and makes appropriate decisions;
considers the possibility of creating conditions for teaching at university on the basis of a contract of local and foreign professors and specialists capable of applying modern pedagogical technologies in the educational process and conducting scientific research;
takes into account the demand in the educational services market and determines the cost of training on a fee-based contract on the basis of training form;
determines the conditions for the payment of student settlement and contract funds and makes changes depending on the conditions;
discusses and approves the topics of dissertations of doctoral students, basic doctoral students, target doctoral students, independent researchers and research trainees in relevant specialties and their scientific supervisors, consultants, as well as an individual dissertation preparation plan and curriculum of theoretical and methodological course of study in the chosen specialty;
accepts reports from the chairmen of the “State Certification Commission”, who took part in the defense of Final qualifying works and Master theses, as well as specialized interdisciplinary events, and makes appropriate decisions;
discusses and approves the conclusion of the Working Commission on determining the amount of additional remuneration for stimulating the scientific, scientific-pedagogical and labor activities of teachers and staff of universities with academic degrees;
With the support of El-Yurt Umidi Foundation, it is recommended to send candidates among professors and teachers to foreign countries for training, internships, Master and Doctoral studies;
Recommends candidates from among talented university students, undergraduates and doctoral students, independent researchers to participate in competitions for State scholarships and State scholarships of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as candidates for training and advanced training in foreign educational and scientific institutions for the expenditure of different funds;
professors and teachers, appointed for each academic year, determine and approve standards for the implementation of government departments in practice;
discusses and approves the results of the competition for the allocation of eminent scholarships and grants to students from its own funds;
makes decisions on the implementation of joint educational programs and scientific projects with leading foreign Higher Educational Institutions, advanced training of professors and university teachers, organization of training for graduates of Master and Doctoral programs in the Republican and Foreign Higher Educational Institutions (research centers);
discusses issues of developing corporate cooperation with the main customer organization, enterprises and institutions, strengthening the material and technical base, increasing the efficiency of students’ professional practice and developing recommendations for its improvement;
discusses reports of public organizations operating at university and makes appropriate decisions;
determines and approves the procedure for the provision of paid services in vacant buildings and structures;
considers the measures taken to improve technical safety and labor protection of students and university employees and discusses the results of their implementation;
Starting from 2022-2023 academic year:
a) in the field of academic independence:
approves the procedure for conferring academic titles and academic degrees in relevant specialties and recognizing academic titles and academic degrees awarded by other higher educational institutions of the republic, as well as the scientific supervision of doctoral students and independent researchers;
forms and approves the composition of academic councils that award academic degrees and makes appropriate decisions after accepting their reports on the completed activities;determines the duration of Study programs of Bachelor and Master specialties;
determines the cost of doctoral studies on a fee-based contract basis, allows the admission of applicants to doctoral studies above the quota through a grant from extra-budgetary funds;
establishes the introduction of correspondence, distance and evening forms of study at Master programs, as well as the introduction of a system for providing dual qualifications and professional qualifications in educational areas and specialties;
allows to organize the implementation of internal academic mobility with higher education institutions on the basis of mutual agreement;
authorizes the creation and publication of textbooks and other educational and scientific literature for the university and its educational institutions;
b) in the field of organizational and managerial independence:
determines and authorizes the implementation of internal control mechanisms for the quality of education;
considers and permits the creation of structural structures, commercial and non-profit organizations, the main field of activity of which is education, science, implementation and commercialization of its results;
determines the procedure for hiring, dismissal and internal rotation of teachers and other employees;
considers and authorizes the organization of admission to study and distance learning of citizens of a foreign state on the basis of a fee-based agreement.
III. Organization of the Council's activities
8. The Council carries out its activities in accordance with the plan developed for each academic year. The work plan of the council is approved by university rector after consideration at a meeting of the council.
9. Decisions of the Council on all issues of educational, scientific-methodological, scientific-research, spiritual-educational and organizational activities of University are made by a majority of votes in an open vote. A meeting of the Council is valid only if 2/3 of its members are present.
Decisions on elections and submission of recommendations to the head of the department and professors for occupying structural positions, academic titles of professor or associate professor are determined on the basis of closed voting and approved on the basis of open voting.
10. Decisions of the Council come into force after approval by the Chairman of the Council, the Rector of the University.
11. The meeting of the Council is documented in protocols. The protocols are signed by the Chairman and Secretary of the Council.
12. The Chairman of the Council regularly organizes verification of the implementation of Council decisions and informs Council members about their results.
The position of the Council was reviewed and approved at the meeting N.6 of University Council on February 24, 2022.