Department of Monitoring of International Rating Activity
Head of Department
Department of Monitoring of International Rating Activity was established for the purpose of entering one of the 1000 universities by “QS World University Rankings”, “QS regional rankings”, “World ranking Web of universities” within the 2018-2020 years and aimed to monitoring of annual international researches and activities.
Aims and functions of the department:
Department collects all the activity reports of Institute and directs it by purpose. Delivering collected materials and reports to the aimed organizations with quality and direct
The department performs the following functions:
- constant monitoring of parameters influencing on rating indicators and management of the institute on their status;
- determination of the institute's contribution to the international rating by faculties and departments;
constantly introducing departments and employees of the departments with requirements of international rating system and organization of seminars;
- preparation of statistical reports for calculation of number of teaching staff of the institute;
- preparation of statistical reports to calculate the number of foreign faculty members
- preparation of statistical reports for the calculation of the number of professors, PhD students, working at the Institute;
- preparation of statistical reports for calculation of the number of students of domestic and foreign bachelor's degree studying at the institute;
- preparation of statistical reports for calculating the number of domestic and foreign graduate students studying at the institute;
- preparation of statistical reports for calculating the number of domestic and foreign doctoral students studying at the institute;
- identify the actual employment status of annual graduates;
- preparation and presentation of the data on the Criteria for "Academic reputation", "Employer reputation", "Research citations per paper" criteria;
- preparation of statistical reports of student ratio teaching staff of the Institute;
- control over enrichment of the Web site of the Institute according to Webometrics ranking criterion;
- the QS Graduate Employability Ranking criterion examines the ratio of graduates to employers, the number of graduates, and the collaboration of each faculty with employers.
After a while when established Department of Monitoring of International Ranking Activity, first in Uzbekistan profile of Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers was created profile on Quacquarelli symonds (QS) and all information about the institute has been posted on this profile.
In addition, profile of the Institute has created on the Times Higher Education (THE) website and submitted to participate in the annual "THE Top University Rankings".
Profile of the institution have created on international scientific and technical bases like Scopus and ScienceDirect and created opportunities for faculty members, doctors, masters and students to use these databases. There are 6 seminar-trainings were held on institute about using these databases and qualification of employees is being increased.
Furthermore, the 1st International Conference "Universities and Rankings: Strategy Building" was held on January 14-22, 2019 at TIIAME. Experts such as Isidro Aguillo - director of the Webometrics (Spain), Zoya Zaitseva – Regional Director at QS (Great Britain), leaders of 5-100 project and others (Russian Federation) and Vice-rectors of KazNu and KazNAU (Kazakhstan) were took a part of the event.
On November 23, 2018, the Scopus Award-2018 Forum was held, dedicated to awarding Uzbek scientists. At the award ceremony, our institute was awarded two nominations:
"Breakthrough of the Year" nomination – Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers;
The head of the center of EcoGIS, candidate of technical sciences, associate professor Pulatov Alim Salimovich was nominated in the nomination "The most active scientist in the field of agricultural sciences."