1. General rules
1.1.The activities of the Information Resource Center (IRC) are based on the principles of democracy, humanism, openness, universal values, citizenship, and free development.
1.2. Use of the IRC is free of charge, the list of certain types of paid services rendered by the IRC, the cost of which is determined legally.
2. Main functions of IRS
2.1.Compiling and maintenance of universal information resources, fund of national and foreign publications (print, audiovisual, electronic and others).
2.2. Enabling users to access existing documents and other materials at the IRC and the Information Library Center in their own area.
3. Rights and Obligations of Users
3.1. The right to use the IRC is granted to all residents of the IRC irrespective of citizenship, age, social or other origin, including, enterprises and organizations. This right is provided through extensive coverage of information resources, automated data transmission, including inter-library subscription, and other forms of library-information service.
3.2. Users have the following rights:
- temporary use of necessary documents from the IRC fund;
- Access to information, bibliographic and other types of services provided by IRC;
- Participation in information and public events held by IRC;
- Electing and being elected in the Public Council of IRC;
3.3. The number of documents submitted to users for a single use is regulated separately by the IRC.
3.4. Reprinted and valuable publications and documents, as well as non-published materials, are provided to users in the established order.
3.5. A copy of the documents that are not available in the IRC fund can be obtained from the ILC in their area.
3.6. Users have to be careful with the documents and other materials they receive from the IRC.
When checking documents and other materials, the user should carefully inspect them and inform the IRC worker if there are any deficiencies.
3.7. Anyone who has done damage to the IRC fund will be subject to criminal or other liability according to law.
3.8. Users who have lost or irreparably damaged documents or materials from the IRC fund should be replaced with equivalent documents and materials (including copies) with equivalent value recognized by IRC personnel, in cases where their value is charged 5 times. Multiple payments are determined by IRC staff or involved specialists, based on the value of lost and damaged publications, based on existing documents.
3.9. Users violating IRC rules may be deprived of the right to use the IRM for a certain period of time.
4. User service obligations of IRC
4.1. Using, storing and reporting on the basis of established rules that ensure the safety of existing documents and materials in the IRC; maintenance of information bibliographical equipment, including electronic catalogue; Development of reference bibliographic guidelines.
4.2. IRC is obliged:
- to provide users with access to all types of information resources outside the IRC and its territory;
- to study users' interests and meet their requirements;
- to use of different individual and group forms of work with users to improve librarianship, bibliography, information and communication services;
- to provide high level of culture and professionalism in the service of users, providing necessary assistance in search and retrieval of necessary documents and materials;
- to carry out of library-information service with provision of information resources on various transportation means based on studying of interests and requirements of users to information;
- to create the conditions for the development of skills to train the search for the necessary information;
- in case of insufficiency of the necessary documents and materials in the funds, their delivery to the users through the inter-library subscription, including through the international search system;
- to organize public events in high levels;
- to promote the creation of a positive image of the IRC, promoting the services and funds provided by IRC, learning the needs of users and creating new types of services that take into account their needs.