Director of the Center — D.D.Irgashev
December 1, 1934 on the basis of the average of the Asian Institute of cotton growing and irrigation, as well as the Central Asian Institute for agricultural mechanization and technical schools was laid Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Mechanization of Agriculture (TIIMSKH). The institute has a library, which later became the basis of the information-resource centers (IRC). In 1970, the decision of the Scientific Council of the library assigned the status of «Scientific bibilioteka TIIMSKH.»
By the middle of 1941. fund has already 150 thousand. books, allowing fully support the learning process.
In the difficult years of 1941-1945 library adequately provided literature learning process not only of his institute, and evacuated to Tashkent hydromeliorative Moscow, Leningrad Electrotechnical Institute and the Kharkiv Institute of Agriculture Mechanization.
In the postwar years, about 5 thousand. Books were sent to the liberated from the Nazi invaders to restore areas destroyed enemy libraries. However, the establishment of new faculties and departments after the war, a significant increase in the number of students placed in front of the library task to strengthen its acquisition funds. During these years, the library fund increased to 200 thousand. Copies of literature. The quality of service for readers. Completed in 1960 the reconstruction of the school building of the institute has allowed the library to expand the area stacks up to 819 sq.m.
The campus of the institute opened a reading room, as in Andijan, when a branch of the Institute — a branch of the library. Subsequently, based on it created a library of Andijan Institute of Cotton. In 1970 GG due to the increased number of students, the library has already 469 thousand. copies of printed works, allowing it in sufficient detail to answer the increasing demands of educational and scientific work of the Institute.
From the first days of independence, the library became complement its collection of literature relevant state standards to the formation and education of advanced generation, reflecting the democratic, legal, social and economic national policies.
Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers № 150 dated March 30, 2004 «On education Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Reclamation» TIIMSKH reorganized and renamed the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Land Reclamation (TIIM), and April 15, 2004 by order of the Institute of the number 187 E / F Research LibraryIt was transformed into the «Library and resource Center».
Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On the organization of information and library provision of the Republic» № PP-381 dated June 20, 2006, by order of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education «On the organization of the information-resource centers» № 295 of December 9, 2006, and and order of the rector of the Institute number 21 E / F dated February 7, 2007 «The Library and resource Center,» transformed into «Information and resource Center» (IRC).
To date, the total area of the information-resource center of 5325 m2 of seats in reading rooms — 280. Fund RPI has 626,355 copies, readership RPI is more than 5 000 people. It is the students, the faculty of the institute.
Creation and development of library achievements are inextricably linked with the names of many of the staff who worked there in different periods and gave her years of hard work. It made a great contribution for the development of the library is one of its directors, a mentor of several generations of librarians N.H.Asfendiyarov.
In the period from 2010 -2011 years. led by Prime Minister S. M. and Rector TIIM Mirzijaeva has undergone major reconstruction of the building RPI, which contributed to a radical change in the building, it has acquired a modern look.
The introduction of modern information and communication technologies creates the conditions for the provision of information and bibiliotechnyh services, intellectual satisfaction, increasing knowledge, spiritual, moral and cultural needs of professors, teachers and students. In this direction, the RPI system IRBIS created for the user database (DB):
— DB Electronic catalog TIMI contains more than 40,000 electronic catalog (bibliographic records) different literature;
— DB Electronic Library TIMI contains more than 12,000 electronic catalogs of various literature and full texts;
— DB Electronic catalog abstracts contains abstracts of more than 15 000 electronic catalogs of abstracts, of which 2500 contains the full text;
— DB Electronic catalog of newspapers and magazines contains more than 130 periodicals and more than 8 600 numbers of periodicals (over 1000 introduced the «content»), an electronic catalog of articles (which contains the full text of more than 3500 articles);
— DB Electronic catalog modules TIMI electronic catalog contains more than 400 modules and full texts.
For these tasks to date in the IRC held a large list of works. Significant share of the fund RPI up perioditcheskie and serials. This popular science magazines, various state and non-state newspapers, scientific vsetniki, as well as publications such as abstract journals.
Structure of IRC
- Scientific-methodical department.
- Department of acquisition and cataloging.
- Marketing and information services
- Department of literature and electronic information resources.
4.1. Reading and e-room of the faculty.
4.2. Electronic room for students
4.3. Reading Fund for students.
4.4. Reading room in the hostel.
- Department of storage assets
- Information Technology Division
- Library fund IRC:
The fund includes more than 618,900 copies of publications. Electronic Catalogue of the IRC as of January 2016 consists of 59,900 bibliographic records (books, magazines and articles avtorefaraty) and more than 12,000 e-books with the electronic catalog.
III. At IRC, on average for the year:
— 5200 registered members;
— Made 12,800 visits;
— Served 218,200 users;
— It issued 378 060 thousand books.
The main objectives of the IRC are:
- Formation of the library fund in accordance with the profile of the Institute and the information needs of readers. Organization and management of reference and information services.
- Library and information-bibliographic service of students, doctoral students, researchers, teachers and other categories of readers according to the information requests on the basis of access to any funds in accordance with the rules of use of resources of the IRC.
- Promoting research, educational process conducted by the institute, the implementation of administrative and management functions of the structural divisions of the Institute.
- Information Culture Education users training readers to work with reference and analytical materials, including in the automated mode. The organization of training users on the basis of bibliographic knowledge, training to work with new documents on non-traditional m
- The search for new paths in dealing with organizational matters, the introduction of modern information technologies based on the use of modern computer technology and other modern technical means and on the basis of this, expanding the list of services provided by the IRC reader, improving their quality.
- Carrying out of methodical work on the library and information services.
- Interaction with structural divisionsof the Instituteandnon-governmental organizations, coordination and cooperationwith otherlibraries, institutions of scientific and technical information, institutions and organizations inorder to better meetusers’ needsfor information andliterature.
- The provision of reference and information and methodological support for library services university libraries.
Key features RPI:
- In accordance with its tasks RPI provides acquisition fund in accordance with the educational programs, curricula and subjects of scientific research at the institute. It organizes the purchase of various kinds and types of documents (including electronic): educational, scientific, reference and information publications, periodicals, fiction.
- Identifies sources of acquisition funds. Carries out, if necessary, book exchange with other libraries, institutions and organizations.
- Systematically analyzes the composition of the funds and use them to optimize their formation.
- Periodically checks and funds disclose their composition with the help of electronic and traditional library catalogs. It produces thematic bibliographies and lists of information that reveal or advertise RPI funds, and other publications reflecting the activities of the IRC.
- Timeprovides safetyRPIfundsbytheir timelyregistration, the rational organization ofstorageand controlof thesanitaryfacilities,conservation,digitally scannedbooks onthe field ofactivity of the instituteandadd /adjustthe electronic catalog.
5.1.Organizuet differentiated services to users in the reading rooms, in the issuance of subscriptions educational, scientific literature and other outlets of the single library ticket. It provides an open user access to library collections in the prescribed manner.
5.2. Free provides users with basic library services:
5.3. Keep studying the information needs of users.
6. In accordance with the requests of the users gives them additional services, list of which is approved by order of the institution. It develops its activities aimed at expanding the list of services provided to users, and the social and creative development of the library, provided that this does not prejudice the main action.
7. Arrange for students and other categories of user sessions on the basics of bibliographic knowledge.
8. seize documents from the library fund in accordance with regulatory and legal acts. Make transfers of non-core and unnecessarily doublet literature.
9. Organizes and conducts its own or with other parts of the Institute, libraries or scientific organizations and methodological conferences, seminars and other activities on library and bibliographic and information activities.
10. Organizes and conducts scientific and methodological and research work on improvement of all the activities of the library.
11. Engaged in automation of library processes, introduces advanced technology library. Conduct various studies to examine the interests of users.
12. Coordinates the workwith the staff, scientific societiesand public organizationsof the Institute.
13. Interacts with the RPI, libraries and other institutions and organizations for library and bibliographic and information activities.
14. Develops instructional and methodical, technological and regulatory documentation for the IRC.