Head of the Department: Mamanbek Reimov
The practical activity the department of “International Relations”
The primary function of the department is to button and to develop Tashkent Irrigation and Melioration Institute’s relationships with higher educational establishments, educational centres, scientific-research institutes and developing high education supporting state funds in foreign countries.
Nowadays Tashkent Irrigation and Melioration Institute has established communications with Germany’s Universities:Humboldt,Hohenheim, Gottingen, Weihenstephan, Giessen; the universities of Dutch:Wageningen, Endhoven and as well as more than 25 European influential high educational establishments and scientific research institutes. Our institute is collaborating with high educational establishments effectively in exchanging professor-teachers experience, exchanging students, scientific conferences, seminars, conducting on-line video conferences and other fields which support to develop international education.
There is also close collaboration in the fields of education, science and culture with foreign embassies, public organizations and friendship societies in our country. For obvious example, KoreanRepublic’s KOICA, Slovakian embassy in Uzbekistan,Japan’s JICE, JISA, Germany’s GOETHE institute, GIZ and GTZ organizations, Great Britain’s BRITISH COUNCIL, Israelite’s MASHAWand other organizations.
TIMI’s a lot of professor-teachers are participating actively in international conferences, symposiums and seminars devoted to water problems in Asia, Europe and other countries every year. They are exchanging experiments and popularizing science achievements and successes related to irrigation. For instance more than 50 professor- teachers were sent to abroad in order to improving professional skill and participating in seminars, international conferencesand different level arrangements in 2013-2014.
At the same time high-graded, active in social circumstances, well-behaved students have been studying based on inter-government and inter-institute collaboration agreements approved by TIMI International Relations Senate. In 2013-2014 more than 30 graduate and undergraduate students have been sent to the most influential European high education establishments and educational centres for short and long period study and research via Erasmus Mundus project.
Nowadays there are following international projects and grants in TIMI:
- Erasmus Mundus’ EURO-ASIAN CEA, TIMUR, CASIA projects
- TEMPUS’ SWAN, SAMUZ, GE-UZ projects
- Volkswagen foundation project — InDeCA
In 2015 Institute’s International Department has intended to continue developing and fortifying international relationships.
The functions of the Department
- Developing and strengthening the connection and friendship with foreign high educational establishments;
- Supporting underdeveloped countries in preparing national personnel;
- Contributing to learn scientific and technic positive achievements in foreign educational establishments and collaborating for gaining knowledge abroad;
- Implementing the participation ofTIMI scientists and specialists in international scientific forums’ activity;
- Introducing to planning the personnel preparation system and scientific research;
- Practicing scientific researches in foreign scientific institutes and educational establishments;
- Studying, earning scientific-practical experiences, improving the professional skills and developing the level of learning foreign languages;
- Participating in scientific forums, international scientific congresses and meetings;
- Lecturing on zenith scientific problems and distributing them abroad.
International department functional obligations approved as following:
Head of the department
- General controlling of the department’s all activities and collaborators;
- Controlling the selection of candidates to send abroad;
- Organizing to receive guests, delegations, trainees and scientific assistants;
- Preparing international projects and programs and controlling them, generalizing and analysing their results;
- Being in touch with high instances;
- Planning and carrying out ceremonies in the field of international exchanging programs with foreign high educational establishments;
- Organizing and conducting straight arrangements with foreign high education establishments;
- Carrying on negotiations;
- Collaborating with embassies and international organizations on studying and improving skill;
- Preparing a year report;
- Carrying on work relationships with foreign high educational establishments;
- Controlling the prosecution of modern and right correspondence with foreign high educational establishments;
- Receiving foreign delegations and specialists;
- Connecting with embassies and international organizations on study, experiment and practice programs.
- Registering incoming and out comingdocuments;
- Inscribing foreign students are studying in Tashkent Irrigation and Melioration Institute;
- Celebrating the important days of foreign students’ countries who are studying Tashkent Irrigation and Melioration Institute;
- Associating with high instances concerning foreign students’ study;
- Translating documents and letters;
- Accepting foreign students for study and making contracts.
At Tashkent Institut of Irrigation and Melioration (TIMI) has started the seminar-training for professors and teachers from Uzbek partner agricultural Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in the frame of the project SAMUz.
As it was above informed seminar-training has began their work at Tashkent Institut for Melioration and Irrigation within the SAMUz-Project of the TEMPUS Program of European Union. The seminar-training is planned to be hold on 16-21 of February and from each Uzbek Partner agricultural HEI four and from Termez State University two teachers was coming to participate on it. All teachers were selected in their home institutions by the SAMUz project team trough announcement and they will be expected to take an examination on the themes of the seminar at the end of the meeting. According to the results of the exam, professors who succeeded in testing, will be sent to European Partner HEIs, so that they would increase their professional skills as well as they will get a chance to carry out training seminars for professors and teachers, who would teach on the new structured bachelor specialty “Agricultural Management”. The lessons on the seminar-training will be lead by European partners, especially by the German professor Michail Grings from Halle-Wittenberg University, by the Greece professors Moschou and Dimitrios from Aristotele – Tessaloniki University.